Francesco Tristano Schlimé
|Birth name||Francesco Tristano Schlimé|
|Born||September 16, 1981|
|Genres||classic music, electronic music|
Born on 16 September 1981 in Luxembourg City, Schlimé studied at conservatories in Luxembourg, Brussels, Riga and Paris before graduating in music at New York's Juilliard School where his teachers were Jerome Lowenthal, Bruce Brubaker and Jacob Lateiner. He has also studied with Emile Naoumoff, Rosalyn Tureck and Mikhail Pletnev.
He debuted in 2000 with the Russian National Orchestra, with which he recorded Sergey Prokofiev's 5th Piano Concerto and Maurice Ravel's Piano Concerto years later. In 2004, he presented and conducted, at the Grand Théâtre de Luxembourg and the Beaux-Arts in Brussels, an original transcription/adaptation for piano and strings of Antonio Vivaldi's The Four Seasons. He was nominated by the Philharmonie Luxembourg for the 2008 European Concert Hall Organization's Carnegie Hall Rising Stars series.
He is a specialist in Baroque music and contemporary music. In 2001, Schlimé founded The New Bach Players ensemble, with which he recorded Johann Sebastian Bach's complete cycle of Keyboard concertos for Accord. He has also recorded the Goldberg Variations and the French Suites, as well as Girolamo Frescobaldi's 1st book of Toccatas. Very involved in Contemporary music too, he has recorded Luciano Berio's complete piano works and collaborated with electronic music artists such as Carl Craig and Murcof. He won the 2004 Concours International de piano XXe siècle d'Orléans.
He was a member, with Rami Khalife and Aymeric Westrich, of the Aufgang group, whose namesake album was released in 2009. The Francesco Tristano departed in 2013. The trio also released the albums Air on Fire and Istiklaliya. Aufgang is continuing as the duo composed by Rami Khalifé and Aymeric Westrich.
- 2007 : Not For Piano (Label Infiné)
- 2008 : Auricle Bio /On (Label Infiné)
- 2010 : Idiosynkrasia (Label Infiné)
- 2011 : bachCage (Label Deutsche Grammophon)
- 2012 : Long Walk (Label Deutsche Grammophon)
- 2001 : Goldberg Variations (Label Template:Accord)
- 2006 : Strings of Life (2006 - Label Infiné)
- 2010 : The Melody (Label Infiné)
- 2011 : Idiosynkrasia Remixes (Label Infiné)
- 2011 : Idiosynkrasia (Only Vinyl Edition) (Label Infiné)
- 2009 : Aufgang - Aufgang (Album, Label Infiné)
- 2009 : Aufgang - Sonar (Maxi, Label Infiné)
- 2009 : Aufgang - Channel 7 (Maxi, Label Infiné)
- 2010 : Aufgang - Air On Fire (Album, Label Infiné)
- 2010 : Aufgang - Barock (Maxi, Label Infiné)
- 2010 : Aufgang - Dulceria (Maxi, Label Infiné)
- 2013 : Aufgang - Istiklaliya (album, Label Infiné)
- 2010 : Various Artists - Introducing Infiné (Label Infiné)
- 2011 : Various Artists - Remixing Infiné (Label Infiné)
- "Sclimé, Francesco Tristano (Chicho)", Luxemburger Lexikon, Editions Guy Binsfeld, 2006
- "Francesco Tristano Schlimé (Piano, Conductor)", Bach-cantatas.com. Retrieved 28 December 2010.