28 November 1975
|Occupation||Actress, impressionist, presenter|
|Notable work||Very Important People
Britain's Got Talent
Lewis also rose to fame on the Channel 4 show Very Important People, in which, alongside Morgana Robinson, she impersonated a host of celebrities. While the show had been commissioned to run again, it was later announced a second series would not be produced.
Britain's Got Talent
In 2013, Lewis entered the seventh series of Britain's Got Talent.
Her audition saw her perform impressions of Stacey Solomon, Amy Childs, Katie Price, Holly Willoughby and Cheryl Cole and sailed through to the next round. When the judges selected who to put through to the live shows, they said that Lewis and fellow contestants Alice Fredenham and Robbie Kennedy were "the three easiest yeses [they had] ever given". In the semi-final Lewis repeated Childs, Cole, Price and also included Dot Cotton, Sharon Watts, Sharon Osbourne, Nadine Coyle, Audrey Roberts and Deirdre Barlow. She won her semi-final, receiving 23.1% of the public vote to earn a place in the final on 8 June.
Her prior notable work caused problems when she auditioned for Britain's Got Talent, as many thought that she was already too notable to enter a talent competition. Lewis however replied stating: "I've been out of it for such a long time and it's a show, it's a variety show, there's no where [else] for people like me. I have gone and stood on stage and did what I do best, it's a competition and there's a different generation out there."
Lewis participated in the final on 8 June, where she did Alan Carr, Geri Halliwell, Audrey Roberts, and Deirdre Barlow and concluded her performance by singing a parody of "Barbie Girl" called "Glamour Girl", in character as Price. She failed to win, however, and finished in tenth place overall.
She is currently starring in the theatre production of Cinderella.
- "Francine Lewis Official Website".
- "Francine Lewis – IMDb". IMDb.
- ""Very Important People" (2012) – Full cast and crew". IMDb.
- Tonks, Owen (1 June 2013). "Britain's Got Talent results: Singer Asanda Jezile and impressionist Francine Lewis sail through to final". Daily Mirror (Trinity Mirror). Retrieved 1 June 2013.
- Top ten! Watch the finalists' playlist – Britain's Got Talent – Live Performances
- Darvill, Josh (23 April 2012). "Britain's Got Talent 2013: Francine Lewis hits back: 'I deserve my place'". TellyMix. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Francine Lewis Biography". francinelewis.com.
|This article about a British comedian or humorist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|