Francis A. Wade
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Francis A. Wade
|Born||April 10, 1966|
|Occupation||Business Columnist Author|
|Known for||Framework Consulting Inc. NewHabits Programme|
Francis A. Wade (born April 10, 1966) is a business columnist, consultant and time management innovator. He writes regularly for business sections in the Jamaica Gleaner and Newsday in Trinidad. In early 2013, he published his first book, "Bill's Im-Perfect Time Management Adventure", presenting innovative time management advice in a modern story featuring a corporate setting.
A graduate of Cornell University with Bachelors and master's degrees in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, he focuses on the issue of individual and corporate productivity, starting with the time management habits of individual professionals. He has also played the role of host of business programmes on Bess 100 FM in Kingston, Jamaica (Businessuite Today) and Blog Talk Radio (CaribHR.Radio).
Wade has spoken at a number of international conferences, including the 2012 Institute for Challenging Disorganization. He is slated to appear at the American Society of Training and Development Conference in 2013: https://web.archive.org/web/20130621020000/http://astd13.mapyourshow.com/5_0/sessions/sessiondetails.cfm?ScheduledSessionID=1FAF
Education and career
Francis Wade graduated from Wolmer's Boys’ School in Kingston, Jamaica, in 1984. He received his B.S and M.Eng degrees, both in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, at Cornell University. While at Cornell he was on the Dean's List, and achieved the Dean's Certificate in Manufacturing, while being named a Cornell National Scholar.
From June 1988 to June 1993 Wade served as a Member of the Technical Staff at AT&T Bell Laboratories. In January 1994 he launched Francis Wade Consulting, now Framework Consulting Inc., and continues to serve as its President. He taught Business Research at the Graduate School of Business, University of Phoenix for six years.
Francis Wade was born in Falmouth, Massachusetts, to Jamaican parents. He commutes from his home in Jamaica. He is an avid alumnus of Wolmer's Boys School, and an enthusiastic triathlete. He is currently becoming fluent in Spanish, and is completing a book on time management.
Examples of Wade's most significant contributions include:
- His presentation at the 1992 Fall ASME conference 1992, entitled New Mental Models for Improving New Product Introduction; http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/200330068
- Jamaica Gleaner articles such as “Do You Have the Courage to Hold High Work Standards?" (July 29, 2012) http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20120729/business/business6.htm l
- Trinidad Newsday articles such as “How executives are turning their employees into idiots" (October 4, 2012) http://www.newsday.co.tt/businessday/0,167163.html
- Most recently, Wade has published his book "Bill's Im-Perfect Time Management Adventure", which puts a human face on the time management dilemma.
- New Mental Models for Improving New Product Introduction, Fall ASME conference 1992.
- Letter to the editor – Harvard Business Review Nov – Dec 1994.
- Adjusting the Corporate Culture to a Change in Business Size, Scope or Strategy – presented to the Caribbean Executive Conference 2001.
- Direct Access to Deep and Pervasive Change in Corporate Culture: Public Coaching Yields Leveraged Learning – Paper presented to SAM Conference 2001.
- Bill's Im-Perfect Time Management Adventure February 2013. (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, Kindle and paperback editions available on Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/Bills-Im-Perfect-Management-Adventure-ebook/dp/B00BA54REO/)
- "Perfect Time-Based Productivity" November 2014 https://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Time-Based-Productivity-protect-increase-ebook/dp/B00PY5X52Q
- Chronicles from a Caribbean Cubicle
- Moving Back to Jamaica
- 2Time – Time Management 2.0
- Wade also administers the blog for CaribHRForum.com, and moderates the CaribHRForum community that now numbers more than 500 Human Resource professionals in its online discussion list.
- Framework Consulting Inc., Solving companies' toughest people problems.
- 2Time Labs - http://2time-sys.com
- Tweeting on time management from @fwade