Francis Adrian Wilson
|Francis Adrian Wilson|
|Born||12 October 1874
|Died||6 May 1954
|Commands held||Chief of the Australian General Staff|
|Battles/wars||Second Boer War
First World War
|Awards||Companion of the Order of the Bath
Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George
Distinguished Service Order
Mentioned in Despatches
Légion d'honneur (France)
He served as Chief of the General Staff in Australia from 1911 to 1912, and then returned to United Kingdom to prepare for the First World War; his service in that war led to the award of the Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George and the Légion d'honneur.
- The London Gazette: . 5 July 1895. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- The London Gazette: . 27 September 1901. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- "Maj.-Gen. F. A. Wilson". The Times. The Times Digital Archive. 7 May 1954. p. 11.
- The London Gazette: . 29 December 1916. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- The London Gazette: . 14 December 1917. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
- The London Gazette: . 31 May 1927. Retrieved 2010-04-18.
Major General John Hoad
|Chief of the Australian General Staff
Brigadier General Joseph Gordon