Francis Baring, 5th Baron Ashburton
Francis Denzil Edward Baring, 5th Baron Ashburton DL (20 July 1866 – 27 March 1938) was a British peer and politician.
Baring was the son of Alexander Hugh Baring, 4th Baron Ashburton and Hon. Leonora Caroline Digby. He succeeded to the title of 5th Baron Ashburton, of Ashburton, Devon [England, 1835] on 18 July 1889 and took his seat in the House of Lords. He gained the rank of Major in the service of the Hampshire Yeomanry (Carabiniers). In 1891, Baring was appointed to be a Deputy Lieutenant of the County of Southampton.
He married, firstly Hon. Mabel Edith Hood, daughter of Francis Wheler Hood, 4th Viscount Hood and Edith Lydia Drummond Ward, on 25 July 1889 at St. George's Church, St. George Street, Hanover Square, London, England. He married, secondly, Frances Donnelly, daughter of James Caryll Donnelly, on 19 February 1906 in Paris, France.
Children of Francis Denzil Edward Baring, 5th Baron Ashburton and Hon. Mabel Edith Hood :
- Hon. Venetia Marjorie Mabel Baring (30 Apr 1890-15 Jul 1937)
- Hon. Aurea Versa Baring (11 Aug 1891-26 Nov 1975)
- Hon. Angela Mildred Baring (9 Dec 1893-13 Mar 1995)
- Hon. Violet Alma Madeline Baring (12 Sep 1895-18 Jul 1924)
- Alexander Francis St. Vincent Baring, 6th Baron Ashburton (7 Apr 1898-12 Jun 1991)
Styles of address
- 1866-1868: Mr Francis Baring
- 1868-1889: The Honourable Francis Baring
- 1889-1891: The Right Honourable The Lord Ashburton
- 1891-1938: The Right Honourable The Lord Ashburton DL