Francis Drake (disambiguation)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sir Francis Drake (1540–1596) was an Elizabethan privateer and naval hero.
Francis Drake may also refer to:
- Francis Drake (died 1634) (1573–1634), MP for Sandwich (UK Parliament constituency); nephew of the privateer Francis Drake and Sir Richard Grenville
- Sir Francis Drake, 1st Baronet (1588-1637), nephew of the naval hero
- Sir Francis Drake, 2nd Baronet (1617-1662), son of 1st Baronet
- Sir Francis Drake, 3rd Baronet (1642-1718), nephew of 2nd Baronet
- Sir Francis Henry Drake, 4th Baronet (1694–1740), son of 3rd Baronet; MP for Tavistock (UK Parliament constituency)
- Francis Drake (antiquary) (1696–1771), English antiquary and surgeon
- Francis William Drake (1724–1787), third son of Francis Henry; British Admiral and Governor of Newfoundland
- Sir Francis Samuel Drake, 1st Baronet (1729-1789), fourth son of Francis Henry; British Admiral
- Francis Drake (diplomat) (1764–1821), British diplomat
- Francis M. Drake (1830–1903), American politician
- Frances Drake (1912–2000), American actress
- Sir Francis Drake (TV series), British television series 1961–1962
- Other uses
- Sir Francis Drake was one of the GWR 3031 Class locomotives that were built for and run on the Great Western Railway between 1891 and 1915.
- Sir Francis Drake Channel is a strait in the British Virgin Islands
- HMS Sir Francis Drake was the Asia, of 735 tons (bm), which was launched at Bombay in 1797 for the British East India Company (EIC). The Royal Navy purchased her in 1805 and she served as the 32-gun fifth rate frigate Sir Francis Drake until 1825 when the Admiralty sold her on condition that she be broken up.
- Frank Drake (born 1930), American astronomer and astrophysicist
- Frank Drake (comics), fictional character appearing in Marvel Comics
|This disambiguation page lists articles about people with the same name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|