Francis Howell North High School
|Francis Howell North High School|
|Saint Charles, MO
|Grades||9th – 12th|
|Number of students||1858|
|School color(s)||Black and Gold|
After Francis Howell High School alone could no longer support the burgeoning population of its part of St. Charles County in 1983, Henderson Junior High School was built on Hackmann Road on the border of the cities of St. Charles and St. Peters. Henderson was eventually expanded and the name was changed to Francis Howell North High School and began taking high school students in 1986. A third high school (Francis Howell Central) was built in 1997.
The school is named after the early settler and militia leader Francis Howell, who moved to St. Charles in 1797. His son, Lewis Howell, was an advocate for education in the area.
Athletics and activities
The Francis Howell North Knights are home to a few official athletic team State Championships, including: the 1991 wrestling team, 1995 Varsity girls soccer team and 3 State titles in hockey. The high school's newspaper, The North Star, has also earned many national awards. The Knightpride Marching Band, Concert Band, and Jazz Band have also competed on a national level.
- Brandon Bollig of the Calgary Flames and the Chicago Blackhawks
- Mark Buehrle of the Toronto Blue Jays and the Chicago White Sox
- Chris Sloan, assistant coach, Saint Louis Billikens men's basketball team
- Edwards, Dr. J.C. (1913). "St. Charles County". In Williams, Walter. A history of northeast Missouri. 1. Lewis Publishing. pp. 586–587.
- Francis Howell School District Board of Education Meeting Minutes. January 18, 2007. Retrieved March 4, 2007.
- Halverson, Matthew (April 10, 2007). "Nightlife – Drinkin' Buddies". Saint Louis Magazine. Retrieved March 9, 2017.
former college hoops star and assistant coach at SLU ... Graduated from Francis Howell North
|This Missouri school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|