Francis Joseph Flynn
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Francis Joseph Flynn|
Flynn with wife Millie Edwards
Ash Asheville Devon Texas Gaston|
October 6, 1864
Greene, New York, U.S.
October 5, 1898 (aged 33)|
Broken Hill, New South Wales, Australia
|Other names||General Mite|
|Height||21 in (53 cm) (age 16)|
|Weight||9 lb (4.1 kg)|
|Spouse(s)||Emily "Millie" Edwards|
Francis Joseph Flynn (6 October 1864 – 5 October 1898), better known as General Mite, was an American dwarf who performed as a showman at various competitions around the world.
In 1884, Flynn married English dwarf, Millie Edwards, in England. The wedding was widely publicized and attended. From then on, the couple were exhibited as the "Royal American Midgets" and "General and Mrs. Mite" in many advertisements.
- Ruoff, Henry W. (1922). The Standard dictionary of facts : history, language, literature, biography... Frontier Press. p. 786. OCLC 21954748.
twenty-one inches at sixteen
- Phyfe, William Henry Pinkney (1966). 5000 facts and fancies; a cyclopaedia of important, curious, quaint... Gale Research. p. 252. OCLC 369362.
- Haydn, Joseph; Benjamin Vincent (1906). Haydn's Dictionary of Dates and Universal Information Relating to All Ages ... G. P. Putnam's Sons. p. 419. OCLC 12934491.
- "DETAILS OF THE MIDGETS' MARRIAGE" (PDF). The New York Times. 15 June 1884. p. 6. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Media related to Francis Joseph Flynn at Wikimedia Commons
- Article: General Mite is Honored in Australia at Town of Greene, New York's website
- Millie Edwards and Francis Flynn at the National Library of Australia
|This article about an American entertainer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|