Francis Seth Frost
Francis Seth Frost (1825–1902) or F.S. Frost was a painter, photographer, and businessman specializing in artists' materials. Based in Boston, Massachusetts, he travelled widely in the United States. Friends included Albert Bierstadt. Frost kept an art studio in the Studio Building on Tremont Street in Boston. In 1869 with E.H. Adams he began the artists' supply firm, Frost & Adams, which flourished into the 20th century.
- Peter E. Palmquist, Thomas R. Kailbourn. Pioneer photographers of the far west: a biographical dictionary, 1840-1865. Stanford University Press, 2000; p.253
- Boston Directory. 1864
- King's hand-book of Boston. Boston: 1889. Google books
- Boston register and business directory. 1921
- Houston, Jourdan. "Francis Seth Frost (1825-1902), Beyond Bierstadt's Shadow." American Art Review, August–September 1994 146-157.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Francis Seth Frost.|
- Smith College. Francis Seth Frost (1825–1902). South Pass, Wind River Mountains, Wyoming, 1860. Oil on canvas.
- Hood Museum. Francis Seth Frost. Moat Mountain, Intervale, New Hampshire. About 1872. Oil on canvas
- White Mountain Art & Artists
- New Hampshire Historical Society. Frost
- Smith College. South Pass, Wind River Mountains, Wyoming by Francis Seth Frost