Francis Tuttle Technology Center
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Francis Tuttle Technology Center|
|12777 North Rockwell Avenue
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73142
|Superintendent||Dr. Tom Friedemann|
Francis Tuttle Technology Center is a public career and technology education center affiliated with the state of Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education. Francis Tuttle has a dual focus, serving both the business community as well as high school and adult students. Francis Tuttle consists of three campuses, Rockwell, Reno and Portland, located in North West Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Additionally, Francis Tuttle maintains two additional locations, the Melrose Site and Business Innovation Center, located in North West Oklahoma City and Edmond, respectively.
The Center serves Sophomore, Junior and Senior high school students from six school districts, providing programs in Health Sciences, Information Technology, Industrial and Technical Careers, and Personal Services. It also has a Pre-Engineering Academy, where students become familiar with the basics of engineering while preparing for college.
- Business Professionals of America has an active chapter at the Rockwell, Reno, Portland, Edmond Memorial and Deer Creek campuses.
- Health Occupations Students of America maintains chapters at the Rockwell and Reno campuses.
- The National Technical Honor Society has an active chapter on the Rockwell campus.
- SkillsUSA maintains multiple chapters at the Rockwell, Reno and Portland campuses.
Career training programs offered
- Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources: Service Careers-Greenhouse/Ground Maintenance
- Architecture & Construction: Carpentry/Cabinetry Majors, Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
- Art, Audio/Video Technology & Communications: Audio and Video Production, Graphic Communications
- Business Management & Administration: Accounting Services, Administrative and Legal Office, Bilingual Customer Service, Business Marketing and Management, Medical Office Technology
- Health Sciences: Advanced Health Sciences, Dental Assisting, Medical Assisting, Orthotic/Prosthetic Technician, Pedorthic, Practical Nursing, Respiratory Care
- Hospitality & Tourism: Culinary Arts, Service Careers-Culinary Assistant
- Human Services: Cosmetology, Early Care and Education of Care, Esthetician, Nail Technician
- Information Technology: 3D Animation and Visual Effects, Cyber Security, Network Technology, Programming and Software Development, Web Design and Development
- Law: Criminal Justice
- Manufacturing: Advanced Manufacturing, Precision Machining/Computer Numerical Control, Welding Majors
- Marketing, Sales & Services: Business Marketing and Management
- Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics: Biosciences and Medicine Academy, Pre Engineering
- Transportation, Distribution & Logistics: Automotive Collision Repair, Automotive Service Technology, Diesel Technology
Adult / business community
Francis Tuttle offers career-specific business and industry training and consulting services. The offered to local businesses at nominal or no-cost. The general public is offered short-term training for career enhancement or leisure activities.
A number of courses are offered for continuing education in various professions, including real estate, and insurance. The Business & Industry Services team assists companies in developing training programs. The Government Contracting Assistance Program provides consulting services and training to aid companies in competing for government contracts. The Advanced Manufacturing Center provides programs for cross-training professionals in areas such as precision machining, instrumentation and control, welding and automated manufacturing.
Academic oriented certificate programs are offered in construction, business management, insurance, hospatility, information technology, quality management, transportation and logistics. Other programs are offered in Computer Aided Manufacturing and Design, welding,
The technology center is named after Dr. Francis Tuttle, former Director of the State Department of Vocational and Technical Education in Oklahoma. Dr. Tuttle was a member of the Oklahoma CareerTech Hall of Fame class of 1990.
- Francis Tuttle on Twitter
- Francis Tuttle website
- Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education
- Francis Tuttle CareerTech Hall of Fame Bio