|Full name||Francisco Gallardo León|
|Date of birth||13 January 1980|
|Place of birth||Seville, Spain|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2004–2005||→ Getafe (loan)||22||(1)|
|2006||→ Vitória Guimarães (loan)||2||(0)|
|2006||→ Deportivo La Coruña (loan)||7||(0)|
|2006–2007||→ Murcia (loan)||20||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 25 May 2014.
A product of Sevilla FC's prolific youth system, Gallardo made his first-team debuts aged 20, being instrumental in the Andalusians' 2001 return to La Liga and proceeding to have a further two solid seasons with the main squad. In November 2001 he was fined and suspended by the Royal Spanish Football Federation for violating standards of "sporting dignity and decorum", after he congratulated teammate José Antonio Reyes, who had just scored, by bending down and nibbling on his penis.
After a relatively successful loan at Getafe CF, helping the Madrid outfit retain its newly acquired top division status, Gallardo's career would be very irregular: he served two unassuming loans in early 2006, starting in Portugal, then moved in the 2006–07 campaign to Real Murcia in Segunda División, still on contract to Sevilla.
In 2007–08 Gallardo could only appear in ten league matches with Murcia, which was relegated from the top flight. In the following season he was ousted from the squad alongside José María Movilla by manager Javier Clemente, and spent several months without a team, being reinstated in March 2009 after the coach's sacking; he was finally released in June.
- The Year in Sex & Sports; at ESPN
- "Man bites sportsman". The Guardian. 22 November 2010. Retrieved 22 November 2010.
- Jaén, Javier (24 August 2008). "La limpieza de Clemente llega ya a su tercera fase" [Clemente's cleansing reaches stage three] (in Spanish). Diario AS. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- El centrocampista Francisco Gallardo se incorpora hoy a la S.D. Huesca (Midfielder Francisco Gallardo joins S.D. Huesca today); Diario del Alto Aragón (Spanish)