Francisco José Cox
Priest Manuel Hervia reported in 1992 to bishops Alejandro Goic Karmelic and Carlos González Cruchaga, president of the Chilean Episcopal Conference, about the abuses of Cox in La Serena. But as after three years no investigation was initiated, Hervia informed Archbishop Carlos Oviedo Cavada assuming that the Nuntius should be informed. Cox's effusive preferences for young men has been attested by witnesses.
In 2002, Archbishop Francisco Javier Errázuriz Ossa revealed that Cox had resigned voluntarily because of "improper conduct" related to his "somewhat exuberant affection," especially with children and that Cox was transferred due to "inappropriate behavior".
Francisco Javier Errázuriz asked to protect the Roman Catholic Church and considered the claims against Cox as not proven and as suspicion because of the exuberant amiability of Cox's behavior
The Catholic Church declines to answer questions about Cox's whereabouts. Cox is living apparently in Koblenz, Germany by the Schoenstatt Community. "I apologize for the dark side of me that opposes to the Evangelium"
Chile's legal system, meanwhile, never even learned of the charges against Cox.
- Website of the Chilean Catholic Church, Monseñor Francisco José Cox Huneeus, retrieved on 29 May 2011
- Article Los archivos secretos Cox, in Chilean newspaper La Nación (Chile) on 3. November 2002, retrieved on 29. May 2011, in Spanish language
- Website Worldwide religious news, Archbishop says 'a few' pedophilia cases in Chile on 5. April 2010, retrieved 29. May 2011
- Article in Iglesia reconoce que recibió nueve denuncias contra Cox in Chilean newspaper "La Nación" on 2. November 2002, retrieved on 29 May 2011, in Spanish language:
- se refirió a la situación de Cox y pidió proteger la institución de la iglesia Católica. En cuanto a las acusaciones hechas contra el obispo sancionado, dijo que no existe denuncia alguna comprobada y que se trata nada más que de suspicacias surgidas de su afectuoso trato con el prójimo.
- Article El ostracismo de monseñor Cox in newspaper La Nación (Chile) on 9 May 2010, retrieved on 29 May 2011, in Spanish language:
- “Pido perdón por este lado oscuro que hay en mí y que se opone al Evangelio”