|Francisco Prío Socarrás|
|Born||29 March 1901
|Died||21 February 1986
Miami, Florida USA
Dr. Prío Socarrás was senator representing Cuba's Pinar del Río Province from 1944–1952. His brother was Cuban President Carlos Prío Socarrás. In 1952, when his brother was overthrown by Fulgencio Batista he and his family went into exile in Miami. He later returned to Cuba when Fidel Castro overthrew Batista in 1959. In late 1960, he grew discontented with the Castro government and returned to Miami.
He was married to Julia Alvarez Hernandez and he had one son, Fernando Prio. He died of cancer at Mercy Hospital in Miami and is buried in Woodlawn Park Cemetery and Mausoleum (now Caballero Rivero Woodlawn North Park Cemetery and Mausoleum) in Miami, Florida.
- The Miami Herald - Francisco Prio Dies, February 23, 1988, 1-B
- Miami New Times - Dynasty, October 10, 1996
- Libro de Oro de la Sociedad Habanera 1949, (Editorial Lex) (Spanish)
- Libro de Oro de la Sociedad Habanera 1950, (Editorial Lex) (Spanish)
- Los Propietarios de Cuba 1958, Guillermo Jimenez Soler (Havana, Cuba: Editorial de Ciencias Sociales, 2007) (Spanish)
|This article about a Cuban politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|