Starowieyski in November 1990
|Died||23 February 2009 (aged 78)|
|Known for||Poster design|
Franciszek Andrzej Bobola Biberstein-Starowieyski (8 July 1930 in Bratkówka – 23 February 2009 in Warsaw) was a Polish artist. From 1949 to 1955, he studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Kraków and Warsaw. He specialized in poster, drawing, painting, stage designing, and book illustration. He was a member of Alliance Graphique International (AGI). Throughout his career his style deviated from the socialist realism that was prevalent during the start of his career and the popular, brightly colored Cyrk posters; however he did create one Cyrk poster Homage to Picasso in 1966.
- 1973 - Award, International Biennale of the Arts, São Paulo (Brazil)
- 1974 - Film poster award, Cannes Film Festival, Cannes (France)
- 1974 - 2nd Prize, International Biennial of Posters, Warsaw (Poland)
- 1978 - 2nd Prize, International Biennial of Posters, Warsaw (Poland)
- 1979 - Gold Plaque, International Film Festival, Chicago (USA)
- 1982 - Silver Hugo, Film poster competition
- 2000 - 3rd Prize, International Biennial of Posters, Warsaw (Poland)
- 1986 – The Museum of Modern Art, New York (USA)
- 2014 - Panstwowa Galeria Sztuki, Sopot (Pol.) "Franciszek Starowieyski Przyjaznie Paryskie 1683-1693", Kolekeja Nelson et Alin Avila
"F.s Franciszek Strarowieyski posters 1973/1984", edited by Area
"F.s 1690 Franciszek Starowieyski", lithography, edited by Area
"Mélange n°7", lithography, edited by Area
Nombreuses affiches de Franciszek Starowieyski sur lesaffiches.com
- "Franciszek Starowieyski Polish poster designer - biography and posters". Poster.com.pl. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
- "Franciszek Starowieyski -Polish posters". Polishposter.com. Archived from the original on 2013-05-28. Retrieved 2013-10-13.
Kempa, Karolina (2018), Polnische Kulturplakate im Sozialismus. Eine kunstsoziologische Untersuchung zur (Be-)Deutung des Werkes von Jan Lenica und Franciszek Starowieyski, Wiesbaden: Springer, ISBN 978-3658188542