This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Francesco Morone (born June 6, 1956, Lanciano, Abruzzo, Italy) known as Franco Morone, is an Italian guitar player, teacher, composer and arranger specializing in the fingerstyle technique. He is the author of several books and has recorded CDs and videos playing his original music, which combines traditional Italian and Celtic melodies with jazz, blues and folk influences. He currently performs and teaches across Europe, the United States, and Japan.
Francesco started playing guitar at age 12 and published his first guitar book, My Acoustic Blues Guitar, in 1986. He obtained a degree in Law from the University of Bologna in 1987 and has worked as a journalist with the magazines Guitar Club, Guitars and Acoustic Guitar.
As a musician, Morone has played with Alex de Grassi, Beppe Gambetta, Peter Finger, Tim Sparks, and Leo Kottke. He regularly performs solo and in a duo with singer Raffaella Luna and has recorded for Ariola MBG, Carisch, Bèrben and currently produces his music with his label Acoustic Guitar Workshops.
His collection Italian Fingerstyle Guitar has achieved recognition in the category of best album of the solo guitar by GPJ Folk Awards for American independent music.
- Stranalandia – BMG 1990
- Guitàrea - AMR 1994
- The South Wind – AMR 1996
- Melodies Of Memories - AMR 1998
- Running Home - AMR 2001 
- Italian Fingerstyle Guitar - Traditional and Popular Songs - AMR 2003
- The Road To Lisdoonvarna - AMR 2005
- Songs We Love –con Raffaella Luna – AGR 2008
- Miles Of Blues – AGR 2010
- Back to My Best – AGR 2012 
- Canti Lontani Nel Tempo – Italian Traditional Songs – con Raffaella Luna -AGR 2013 
- My Acoustic Blues Guitar/Metodo per Chitara Blues– AMR - Bèrben 1986
- Stranalandia – 1990 AMR
- Fingerstyle Jazz – AMBooks – Bèrben 1992
- Guitàrea – AGBooks – Bèrben 1994
- The South Wind/Celtic Collection – AMR Carisch 1996
- Melodies Of Memories – AMR 1998
- Italian Fingerstyle Guitar - Carisch 2003
- Master Anthology of Blues Guitar Solos, Volume One – Mel Bay 2000
- Master Anthology of Fingerstyle Guitar Solos, Volume 1 - Mel Bay 2000
- Basic Fingerstyle Collection– AMR /Carisch 2007 
- 10 Duets for Fingerstyle Guitar - con Ulli Boegershausen - AMBooks 2009
- Blues & Jazz for Fingerstyle Guitar Mel Bay 2011
- Back To My Best – Carisch 2012
- Fingerstyle Blues – Playgame 1993
- In Concert – con Tim Sparks AMR 2005
- Acoustic Guitar Solos - Mel Bay 2008
- Acoustic Guitar Masters, Vol. 1 AMR 2009
- Guitaròma – Lizard 1985
- Collana Strumento – BMG
- Guitar Highlights – AMR 1994
- Guitar Ballads – AMR 1998
- "Duetto al femminile per il secondo appuntamento di lunaria questa sera sul palco noemi ed enrica bonaccorti". Il Cittadinodirecanati (Google translation) Retrieved 2016-8-14
- Morone, Franco. "Franco Morone .:. Acoustic Fingerstyle Guitar". www.francomorone.it. Retrieved 2016-08-15.
- "Franco Morone Raffaella Luna". Derneburg.de. (Google translation) Retrieved 2016-8-14
- "Guitar al fresco". Ukiah Daily Journal. Ukiah, California. August 6, 2009. p. 5. Retrieved 2016-8-14
- "Franco Morone & Raffaella Luna – Canti lontani nel tempo. Traditional Italian Songs Acoustic – Guitar Records - Fingerpicking.net" (in Italian). 2013-06-20. Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- Gold, Jude (May 1, 2002). "Franco Morone: Running Home". Guitar Player. Archived from the original on September 11, 2016. Retrieved August 14, 2016 – via HighBeam Research.
- "Fingerstyle guitar Franco Morone al Six Bars Jail". Toscanamusiche.it. (Google translation) Retrieved 2016-8-14
- "Franco Morone". Napster. Retrieved 2016-08-14.
- "Franco Morone - Basic Fingerstyle". Axe Magazine. Retrieved 2016-08-14. (In German)