|Date of birth||15 May 1953|
|Place of birth||Pomarico, Italy|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|1973–1974||→ A.S. Roma (loan)||2||(0)|
|1998||Castel di Sangro|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Franco Selvaggi (born 15 May 1953) is a former Italian football player. Born in Pomarico, province of Matera, he was deployed as a striker. A small, quick, dynamic, mobile, and hardworking centre-forward, he excelled at making attacking runs off the ball, and at playing off his team-mates during build-up plays. He was also capable of holding up the ball for them with his back to goal.
In his Serie A career (1972–1986), Selvaggi played for Ternana (1972–74), A.S. Roma (1973–74), Cagliari (1979–82), Torino (1982–84), Udinese (1984–85), and Inter (1985-86) also playing with Taranto (1974–79), and ending his career with Sambenedettese (1986–87).
Selvaggi represented the Italy national under-21 football team twice in 1980, scoring 2 goals. With the Italian national team, he earned 3 caps in 1981, making his debut in a 0-0 home draw against East Germany on 19 April. He was a member of the Italy team that won the 1982 World Cup under Enzo Bearzot, but he never played a match in that event.
- Medaglia d'Oro al valore atletico: 1982
- Marino Bartoletti (22 May 2002). "Selvaggi, campione di pazienza "L' impresa fu sopportare Tardelli"". http://archiviostorico.corriere.it (in Italian). Il Corriere della Sera. Retrieved 29 April 2015. External link in
- Nicola Salerno (29 April 2015). "L'intervista della settimana: Franco Selvaggi". http://www.materacalciostory.it/ (in Italian). External link in
- 1982 FIFA World Cup: Italy Squad FIFA. Retrieved 2 February 2010.
- "Selvaggi, Franco". National Football Teams. Retrieved 25 January 2010.
- "Nazionale in cifre: Selvaggi, Franco". http://www.figc.it (in Italian). FIGC. Retrieved 29 April 2015. External link in
- Daniele Mosconi (6 September 2012). "ESCLUSIVA TLP - Mi ritorni in mente : Franco Selvaggi". http://www.tuttolegapro.com (in Italian). Retrieved 29 April 2015. External link in
- "Franco Selvaggi". http://www.medagliedoro.org (in Italian). Retrieved 29 April 2015. External link in