Frank Alexander (American football)
|No. 96 – BC Lions|
|Date of birth:||December 17, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Zachary, Louisiana|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||270 lb (122 kg)|
|High school:||Baton Rouge (LA) Southern Lab|
|NFL Draft:||2012 / Round: 4 / Pick: 103|
|Career NFL statistics|
Frank Alexander (born December 17, 1989) is a Canadian football defensive end for the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League (CFL). He played college football at the University of Oklahoma. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the fourth round of the 2012 NFL Draft.
Alexander was selected by the Carolina Panthers in the fourth round, with the 103rd overall pick, of the 2012 NFL Draft. He made his NFL debut in Week 1 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers as a backup defensive end.
On May 5, 2014, Alexander was suspended 4 games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Shortly before that suspension was scheduled to end, he was suspended for 10 more games for another violation.
In the second preseason game against the Miami Dolphins, Alexander suffered a torn Achilles tendon. He was waived/injured on August 25, 2015. He cleared waivers and was reverted to the Panthers' injured reserve list. On November 24, 2015, the NFL announced that Alexander would be suspended for a year for his third violation with marijuana.
- Newton, David (October 2, 2014). "Frank Alexander out until December". ESPN.com. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- Gantt, Darin (August 23, 2015). "Panthers DE Frank Alexander tears Achilles, out for season". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 30, 2015.
- Florio, Mike (August 25, 2015). "Panthers expose Frank Alexander to waivers". NBCSports.com. Retrieved August 30, 2015.
- Gantt, Darin (November 24, 2015). "Panthers DE Frank Alexander suspended a year for drug violation". NBCSports.com. Retrieved January 24, 2016.
- "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 7 August 2017.
- "Lions add three, including DL Frank Alexander". BC Lions. 2017-03-07. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- Clipperton, Joshua (5 June 2017). "Alexander hoping to continue career with Lions". Waterloo Region Record. The Canadian Press. Retrieved 6 June 2017.