||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
|Occupation||CEO of Deutsche Post|
Frank Appel has been Chief Executive Officer of Deutsche Post since February 18, 2008. His present appointment is through October 2017. He has been Member of the Board of Management of Deutsche Post AG since November 1, 2002.
Dr. Appel served as Head of Logistics, Mail International division of Deutsche Post AG since 2007. In this position, he was responsible for Global Business Services including Legal Services Insurance and Risk Management, Corporate Procurement, Information Technology, Corporate Real Estate, Finance Operations, DPWN Business Consulting and Global Customer Solutions at DHL.
He served as Head of Global Business services and Head of Corporate services of Deutsche Post AG and served as its Managing Director of Corporate Development since 2000.
Prior to his start at Deutsche Post AG, Appel served as Consultant and Project Manager at McKinsey & Co., Frankfurt am Main, Germany since 1993 and as Partner of Member of German Business Management, McKinsey & Co. since 1999.
Appel was born in 1961, is married and is the father of two children.
- 1989 - MSc in chemistry, University of Munich, Munich, Germany.
- 1993 - PhD in neurobiology at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland.
- Publishing, DK (2009-08-17). 1000 CEOs. Penguin. p. 199. ISBN 978-0-7566-7057-3. Retrieved 5 April 2011.
- Press Release DPDHL - Contract for CEO Frank Appel extended for another five years
- Change in Postbank Supervisory Board Postbank, December 2, 2010