|Born||September 12, 1967|
|Genres||Progressive metal, industrial, electronic|
|Instruments||Guitar, bass, programming|
|Associated acts||Fates Warning, Dragonspoon, Demonax, Dark Day Sunday, Arch/Matheos|
Aresti was in a metal band called Demonax before joining Fates Warning. His first appearance was during the tour of 1985, promoting the album The Spectre Within. The following year, he became an official member of the band. He co-wrote "Giant's Lore (Heart of Winter)" along with John Arch. During the following albums, Aresti wrote lyrics to various songs on Fates Warning's albums.
On the No Exit album, he was the primary lyricist for three songs: "Anarchy Divine", "In a Word" and "Shades of Heavenly Death".
On the Perfect Symmetry album, he wrote lyrics to three songs: "Static Acts", "A World Apart" and "The Arena". He also co-wrote "At Fate's Hands" along with Matheos and bassist Joe DiBiase.
Between 1991–1994, Aresti only wrote one song which was "The Strand" on the Inside Out (1994) album. After a year and a half from the release of the album and the compilation Chasing Time, Aresti left the band.
Aresti has kept a very low profile throughout the years since his departure. During this time, Aresti began experimenting with other genres such as industrial music and electronic.
During the early 2000s, Aresti began recording and producing material for a band he would create under a program called audio computing. His creation would be Dragonspoon, which he released as an album in 2002, the instruments in the album are all by the programming software except the guitar parts.
Since 2003, Aresti came back to Fates Warning but as a touring guitarist only, not an official member of the band.
Aresti is now a full-time member once more of Fates Warning, who released their eleventh studio album Darkness in a Different Light in September 2013, which was their first one with Aresti on guitar since Inside Out (1994).
For the 2014 tour, Aresti would not participate until an unknown date due to personal activities which would not permit him to tour.
- Play That Metal Mean (Demo) (1985)
- Demonax (2001)
With Fates Warning
- Awaken the Guardian (1986)
- No Exit (1988) (Reissued 2007)
- Perfect Symmetry (1989)
- Parallels (1991)
- Inside Out (1994)
- Chasing Time (1995)
- Darkness in a Different Light (2013)
- Theories of Flight (2016) (performs only two tracks)
- Dragonspoon (2002)
With John Arch (Arch/Matheos)
- Sympathetic Resonance (2011)
One piece of equipment Aresti uses is a Hamer Silver Sparkle Vanguard guitar.
- "Frank Aresti – Encyclopaedia Metallum". The Metal Archives. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- "SoundClick artist: Dragonspoon – Dragonspoon is the creation of Frank Aresti former guitarist of Fates Warning It is a unique combin". Soundclick.com. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- "Dragonspoon reviews, music, news". sputnikmusic. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- "Fates Warning (Frank Aresti) Interview | Get Ready to ROCK! Reviews | Interviews | Blog". Getreadytorock.me.uk. February 20, 2011. Retrieved 2013-07-29.
- "Interview with Frank Aresti (4/18/2001)". Fateswarning.com. April 18, 2001. Retrieved 2013-07-29.