Frank Barlow (historian)
Barlow studied at St John's College, Oxford. He was Professor of History at the University of Exeter from 1953 until he retired in 1976 and became Emeritus Professor. He was a Fellow of both the British Academy and the Royal Society of Literature, and was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire in the 1989 Queen's Birthday Honours "for services to the study of English medieval history".
- The Feudal Kingdom of England (1955)
- The Life of King Edward Who Rests at Westminster (1962, 2nd edition 1992), editor and translator
- Edward the Confessor (1970, 2nd edition 1997)
- The English Church 1066–1154 (1979)
- The Norman Conquest and Beyond (1983)
- William Rufus (Berkeley, CA, University of California Press, 1983)
- Barlow, Frank (1983). William Rufus. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press. ISBN 978-0-520-04936-9. OCLC 8954468.
- Thomas Becket (1986)
- The Carmen de Hastingae Proelio of Guy Bishop of Amiens (1999), editor and translator
- The Godwins: The Rise and Fall of a Noble Dynasty (2002)
- Writing Medieval Biography, 750-1250: Essays in Honour of Frank Barlow
- "Frank Barlow | LibraryThing". librarything.com. Retrieved 20 September 2014.
- The University of Exeter - Calendar 2007/2008 - Emeritus Professors
- RSL Fellows
- The London Gazette: . 16 June 1989. Retrieved 7 August 2009.