|Source: rugbyleagueproject.org englandrl.co.uk|
Frank Castle was an English Olympic Games sprint trialist, rugby union and professional rugby league footballer of the 1940s, '50s and '60s, playing club level rugby union (RU) for Coventry R.F.C., and playing representative level rugby league (RL) for Great Britain, and England, and at club level for Barrow, playing at Wing, i.e. number 2 or 5.
Frank Castle won caps for England (RL) while at Barrow in 1951 against France, in 1952 against Other Nationalities (2 matches), and Wales, in 1953 against Other Nationalities, and won caps for Great Britain (RL) while at Barrow in 1952 against Australia (3 matches), and in 1954 against Australia.
Challenge Cup final appearances
Frank Castle played Left-Wing, i.e. number 5, in Barrow's 0-10 defeat by Wigan in the 1951 Challenge Cup final during the 1950–51 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 5 May 1951, in Barrow's 21-12 victory over Workington Town in the 1955 Challenge Cup final during the 1954–55 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 30 April 1955, and played in Barrow's 7-9 defeat by Leeds in the 1956–57 Challenge Cup final at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 11 May 1957.
County Cup final appearances
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl.co.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk". englandrl.co.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Edgar, Harry (2007). Rugby League Journal Annual 2008 Page-110. Rugby League Journal Publishing. ISBN 0-9548355-3-0
- "1950-1951 Challenge Cup Final". wigan.rlfans.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "Barrow make two finals in one year". nwemail.co.uk. 31 December 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "Barrows all time leading try scorers". barrowrlfc.com. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- England Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk
- Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org
- Back on the Wembley trail
- Barrow RL’s great Britons