Personal life and family
Married with four children, Chambers is an auctioneer and farmer. His daughter Lisa was involved in establishing Renua Ireland in 2015; she is not to be confused with Fianna Fáil TD Lisa Chambers, who is not related to them.
At the 1997 election to Seanad Éireann he stood for election by the Cultural and Educational Panel, but was unsuccessful. After his defeat he was nominated by the Taoiseach, Bertie Ahern, to the 21st Seanad, but was not re-appointed in 2002. He stood in the Mayo constituency at the 2002 and 2007 general elections, but did not win a seat.
- McNulty, Anton (2 March 2009). "Being Frank". The Mayo News. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "Mr. Frank Chambers". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 2008-02-16.
- McGee, Harry (13 March 2015). "Renua: the making of a political party". The Irish Times. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
The barrister Lisa Chambers, who is the daughter of a former Fianna Fáil senator, Frank Chambers
- "Lisa i have not quit fianna fil [sic]". The Connaught Telegraph. 25 March 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
This is a different lady and is not a relation of mine. ... She is the daughter of former Fianna Fáil Senator Frank Chambers
- "Taoiseachs nominations to Seanad Éireann". Department of the Taoiseach. 12 September 1997. Archived from the original on June 7, 2011. Retrieved 2008-02-16.
- "Frank Chambers". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 2008-02-16.
- Chambers auctioneers website
|This article about a Fianna Fáil politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a member of Seanad Éireann is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|