|Born||14 March 1931|
|Died||31 October 1979(aged 48)|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Weight||13 st 4 lb (84 kg; 186 lb)|
Frank "Spanky" Dyson (14 March 1931 – 31 October 1979) was a British professional rugby league footballer of the 1950s and 1960s, playing at representative level for Great Britain and Yorkshire, and at club level for Huddersfield and Oldham, as a fullback, i.e. number 1. He was left-footed, and one of rugby league's most prolific goal-kickers.
Dyson made his debut for Huddersfield in 1949. His testimonial match for the club took place in 1959. Later that year, during the 1959–60 Kangaroo tour, he won his only cap for Great Britain against Australia.
Dyson played in Huddersfield's 6-12 defeat by Wakefield Trinity in the 1962 Challenge Cup Final during the 1961–62 season at Wembley Stadium, London on Saturday 12 May 1962, in front of a crowd of 81,263. He also played at fullback in Huddersfield's 14-5 victory over Wakefield Trinity in the Championship Final during the 1961–62 season at Odsal Stadium, Bradford on Saturday 19 May 1962. With 2,072 points, he became Huddersfield's record point scorer.
Dyson played Fullback, and scored 3-conversions in Huddersfield's 15-8 victory over York in the 1957 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1957–58 season at Headingley Rugby Stadium, Leeds on 19 October 1957, and played Fullback, and scored 2 conversions in the 10-16 defeat by Wakefield Trinity in the 1960 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1960–61 season at Headingley on 29 October 1960.
- Sutcliffe, Robert (6 April 2013). "Time may be up for ‘Spanky’s’ old pub The Harp in Fartown". Huddersfield Examiner. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- Hannan, Tony (April 1999). "Huddersfield's Hall of Fame". League Express. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Briggs, Cyril & Edwards, Barry (12 May 1962). The Rugby League Challenge Cup Competition - Final Tie - Huddersfield v Wakefield Trinity - Match Programme. Wembley Stadium Ltd. ISBN n/a
- Edgar, Harry (2008). Rugby League Journal Annual 2009 [Page-57]. Rugby League Journal Publishing. ISBN 978-0-9548355-4-5
- Roberts, Chris (30 April 2014). "Huddersfield Giants captain Danny Brough closes in on 1,000 points for the club". Huddersfield Examiner. Trinity Mirror North West. Retrieved 25 September 2014.