Frank Edwards (gospel musician)
|Birth name||Frank Ugochukwu Edwards|
|Also known as||FrankRichboy|
|Born||July 22, 1989|
Frank Ugochukwu Edwards (born July 22, 1989) is an Igbo Nigerian contemporary Christian singer-songwriter and recording artist from Enugu, Enugu State. He is the founder and owner of the record label Rocktown Records, which is home to recording artists such as Edwards himself, Gil, Divine, King BAS, Nkay, David, Dudu, Micah Heavens and among others.
Frank Edwards was born into a family of seven. His birth name is Frank Ugochukwu Edwards. He was born in Enugu state of Nigeria. He has five siblings. He began singing at the age of ten. He learned to play the piano from his father when he was young. In his teenage years, he became a born-again Christian. He has six albums and many hit singles to his name.
Mr. Edwards is a producer, plays several musical instrument and is a keyboardist and a member of the Presidential band of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome in Christ Embassy Church. His debut album The Definition was released in 2008. It was a 14-track album and was distributed by Honesty Music. His second album Angels on the Runway was released in 2010, and his third album Unlimited was released in 2011. Tagjam was released in November 2011. He is currently known as Nigeria's Hottest Gospel rock artiste Now in Nigeria. In 2013 he appeared in the live performance of Sinach's "I know who I am" video. He is known for his high pitched voice. Besides being an artist with many songs that cover a variety of musical genres, he is also a music producer and a master mixer. As a result, Rocktown Records, which he owns, has a generation of upcoming talents including Gil Joe, King BAS, Divine, Nkay, Soltune, David and others.. In 2016, he collaborated with famous American gospel artiste, Don Moen on an album "Grace" His Album was produced in 2016Frankincense.In 2018, he released an album for the Body of Christ titled "Spiritual Music Season" which includes songs like "Miyeruwe" (I Praise your Name), "You are Good", "Who dey run things" & "Praise Your Name". Still in 2018, he has collaborated with Nathaniel Bassey (Thy Will Be Done) and Jeanine Zoe (I'm in Love with You)
Frank Edwards (nicknamed Frankrichboy) is a member of Christ Embassy Church in Nigeria and LoveWorld Music Ministry alongside other gospel musicians including Ada Ehi (gospel musician), Sinach, Eben, Joe Praize.
|Okaka (Featuring Victor Ike)|
|Overtake (Featuring Joe Praize)|
|Selfie (Featuring Gil Nkay)|
Under the canopy
Awards and nominations
In May 2011 he was nominated as the Gospel artiste of the year in the sixth annual Nigeria Entertainment Awards (NEA). He won the award of the best Gospel Rock artiste in the first annual awards. He also won west Africa best male vocalist in 2012/ best hit single at the love world awards 2012/ and 3 awards at the Nigeria gospel music awards (male artiste of the year,song of the year and best male vocal). His latest album, Frankincense which feat Micah Stampley and Nathaniel Bassey got everyone wowed when it topped Beyonce's and Adele's albums within few hours of release on iTunes album chart.
- "Frank Edwards biography". music.naij.com. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Nigeria: The Emergence of Love World Records". www.allafrica.com. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- Olujobi, Debbie (2012-10-14). "The soul speaks". Vanguard. Lagos, Nigeria. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- Nkem-Eneanya, Jennifer (2013-06-24). "Frank Edwards; the Young, Gifted Gospel Artiste Taking Africa for God". Konnectafrica.net. Konnect Media. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- "Gospel Artiste, Frank Edwards Release New Video, Okaka • Connect Nigeria". 2014-02-04. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- "Frank Edwards Singer shares his life story in 'Onye' [Video]". Pulse.com.gh. Joey Akan. Retrieved 22 February 2016.
- "Nigeria Entertainment Awards nominees 2011". www.museke.com. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "NEA Awards 2011 Nomination Party, Themed: Casino Celebrity Night". www.connectnigeria.com. Retrieved 2 August 2011.
- "Frank Edwards emerges Best Male Gospel Artiste". Mydailynewswatchng.com. 2013-07-13. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
- Arinze, Ada (2013-07-08). "Frank Edwards Bags Best Male Gospel Artiste Award". Connectnigeria.com. Retrieved 2014-06-05.
|2010||You Too Dey Bless Me feat. TB1||Gbenga Salu|
|2011||This Love||Patrick Elis|
|2016||Grace||Don Moen & Frank Edwards|
|2017||Here to Sing feat. Chee||Frank Edwards|
|This article on a Nigerian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|