|Assumed office |
11 May 2016
|Constituency||Nominated by the Taoiseach|
12 September 2002 – 30 May 2007
May 2007 – February 2016
|Born||4 July 1962|
Boyle, County Roscommon, Ireland
|Political party||Fine Gael|
Frank Feighan (//; born 4 July 1962) is an Irish Fine Gael politician who has served as a Senator since May 2016, after being nominated by the Taoiseach. He served as a Teachta Dála (TD) for the Roscommon–South Leitrim constituency from 2007 to 2016.<
He as a member of Roscommon County Council from 1999 to 2004. Feighan was first elected to the Dáil at the 2007 general election. He was the party deputy spokesperson on Transport and Education with special responsibility for Rural and School Transport from 2007 to 2010. In July 2010, he was appointed as party spokesperson on Community, Equality and Gaeltacht Affairs.
He was re-elected at the 2011 general election. In government he voted with Fine Gael on the Roscommon Hospital issue on 6 July 2011 when his constituency colleague Denis Naughten voted against them. He told the Dáil he was "sincerely sorry" for breaking a pre-election promise in relation to the issue.
He is the Fine Gael Seanad spokesperson on Mental Health and Older People.
- "Frank Feighan". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 28 May 2009.
- Sarah Bardon (27 May 2016). "FF leader selects three of Taoiseach's 11 Seanad appointees". Irish Times.
- "Frank Feighan". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 28 May 2009.
- "Bruton & Noonan return to Fine Gael frontbench". RTÉ News. 1 July 2010. Archived from the original on 4 July 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Naughten votes against Govt on hospital motion". RTÉ News. 6 July 2011.
- "Naughten votes against Govt in Roscommon Hospital Dáil motion". Irish Examiner. 6 July 2011.
- "Naughten defies FG over A&E closure". The Irish Times. 7 July 2011.
- "TD Frank Feighan will not contest next general election". Irish Independent. 13 July 2015.
- "Ireland should consider rejoining Commonwealth, FG Senator says". Irish Times. 21 June 2016.
| Fine Gael Teachta Dála for Roscommon–South Leitrim