Frank Gaines Harris
|Frank Gaines Harris|
|33rd Lieutenant Governor of Missouri|
January 9, 1933 – December 30, 1944
|Governor||Guy Brasfield Park
Lloyd C. Stark
Forrest C. Donnell
|Preceded by||Edward Henry Winter|
|Succeeded by||Walter Naylor Davis|
|Member of the Missouri Senate|
April 25, 1871|
Boone County, Missouri
|Died||December 30, 1944
Jefferson City, Missouri
|Resting place||Columbia, Missouri|
Frank Gaines Harris (April 25, 1871 – December 30, 1944) was a Democratic politician from the state of Missouri. He was the state's 33rd Lieutenant Governor and held that office longer than anyone else to date. However, current Missouri Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder -- elected to a third-term in the post -- will surpass that record if he serves the full term.
Frank G. Harris was born in Boone County, Missouri to parents Robert and Mary E. (Proctor) Harris. He received his higher education at the Kirksville Normal School (now Truman State University) and graduated from the University of Missouri with an L.L.B. in Law in 1898. Harris established a law practice in Columbia, Missouri after passing the Bar. He and his wife, Grace (Sims) Harris, were the parents of two daughters and a son.
Frank G. Harris served as Boone County Prosecuting Attorney for six years before being elected to the Missouri General Assembly. He first served in the House of Representatives then as State Senator from the 10th district between 1915 and 1932. In 1932 he won the first of three consecutive terms as Lieutenant Governor and did not choose to run for a fourth. Harris died of heart failure shortly before the end of his third term.
- Kestenbaum, Lawrence. "The Political Graveyard: Index to Politicians: Harris, E to F". politicalgraveyard.com. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- "I1740: Patricia Denise AVERY (____ - ____)". freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
- Alumni Directory 1843–1917 by University of Missouri
- Fifield, James Clark (1918-01-01). The American Bar. J.C. Fifield Company.
- The American Bar by James Clark Fifield.
- "Our Campaigns - Candidate - Frank G. Harris". www.ourcampaigns.com. Retrieved 2016-04-12.
Edward H. Winter
|Lieutenant Governor of Missouri