Frank Pellegrino (actor)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Frank Joseph Pellegrino|
May 19, 1944
East Harlem, New York, U.S.
January 31, 2017 (aged 72)|
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
Born in East Harlem, Pellegrino has often acted in law and gangster-themed film and television productions. He was a member of an early 1960s singing group called the Holidaes. Notable acting roles include Johnny Dio in Goodfellas, assorted appearances on Dick Wolf's Law & Order, and FBI Chief Frank Cubitoso on HBO's The Sopranos.
Pellegrino was a co-owner of the restaurant Rao's in New York City. Books written by Pellegrino include Rao's Cookbook, Rao's Recipes from the Neighborhood and Rao's on the Grill. He also produced the CD An Evening at Rao's, featuring music from Rao's jukebox.
- Goodfellas (1990) - Johnny Dio
- Manhattan Murder Mystery (1993) - Policeman
- Mr. Wonderful (1993) - Man in Elevator
- Angie (1994) - Uncle Marty
- It Could Happen to You (1994) - Water's Edge Maitre D'
- Tarantella (1995) - Lou
- Silent Prey (1997) - Frank Cardelli
- Cop Land (1997) - Mayor
- Celebrity (1998) - Frankie
- Mickey Blue Eyes (1999) - Sante
- 18 Shades of Dust (1999) - Eddie Baggs
- Friends and Family (2001) - Mr. Torcelli
- Knockaround Guys (2001) - Joey Hook
- Happy End (2003) - Bernie
- Searching for Bobby D (2005) - John Argano Sr.
- Brooklyn Lobster (2005) - Judge Astarita
- Artie Lange's Beer League (2006) - Gina's Dad
- Delivering the Goods (2012) - Mr. Quentin
- Roberts, Sam (February 1, 2017). "Frank Pellegrino Sr., 72, Is Dead; Proudly Rebuffed Would-Be Diners at Rao's". The New York Times. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
- "Rao's owner Frank Pellegrino dead at 72". New York Daily News. January 31, 2017. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- "Sopranos and Goodfellas star Frank Pellegrino dies at 72 after a battle with lung cancer". Daily Mail. February 1, 2017. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
|This article about an American film and television actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article about a foodie, restaurateur or gourmand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|