Plasberg has an education in theater, politics and pedagogy and works as television presenter on German broadcaster WDR. From 1987 to 2002 he was television host of programme Aktuelle Stunde (together with journalist Christine Westermann). Since 2001 Plasberg is television host of programme Hart aber fair on WDR. Since October 2007 the programme is on ARD.
Plasberg was married with Angela Maas (born 1959), they have one son and one daughter. Since July 2007 he lives together with Anne Gesthuysen (born 1969). They married in August 2012. Her son was born in January 2011.
- 2003: Deutscher Fernsehpreis
- 2005: Adolf-Grimme-Preis
- 2005: Ernst Schneider Award
- 2005: Hanns-Joachim-Friedrichs-Award
- 2006: Bayerischer Fernsehpreis in information for moderation of Hart aber fair
- 2006: journalist of year in politics
- 2008: Bambi in Category 'Moderation'
- Literature by and about Frank Plasberg in the German National Library catalogue
- Frank Plasberg on IMDb
- Stefan Domke , Da habe ich einfach Angst bekommen, interview over Plasbergs behaviour during Gladbecker Geiseldramas, 13 August 2003, WDR (German)
- Biographie, website of Hart aber fair
- Felicitas von Lovenberg, Mir fehlt ein Gen für Milde, 9 June 2006, FAZ (German)
- Andreas Kötter, Jeder Moderator ist eitel, interview, 29 March 2005, Spiegel Online (German)
|This German biographical article related to television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|