June 7, 1944 |
|June 6, 1968, for the Chicago Cubs|
|Last MLB appearance|
|September 24, 1972, for the San Francisco Giants|
|Earned run average||4.52|
A 1962 graduate of Caldwell High School, Reberger played college baseball at the University of Idaho under head coach Wayne Anderson. The Vandals won the inaugural Big Sky title in 1964 and again in 1966, and played in the NCAA playoffs for the first time. They eliminated Colorado State and Air Force with three straight road victories and advanced to the district finals, today's "super-regionals" (sweet 16). One round from the College World Series, Idaho lost to Arizona in Tucson, and ended the year at 34–9.
Undrafted in 1966, he was signed as a free agent by the Chicago Cubs, who had selected Vandal pitching ace Bill Stoneman in the 31st round.
Reberger made his Major League debut with the Chicago Cubs in 1968 one day before his 24th birthday. Following the season, he was selected by the San Diego Padres from the Cubs in the 1968 Major League Baseball expansion draft. He spent the 1969 season with the Padres, before he was traded to the San Francisco Giants for Bobby Etheridge, Bob Barton and Ron Herbel. Rebeger pitched for the Giants in 1970, 1971 and 1972, and pitched for their Pacific Coast League affiliate in 1973 and 1974.
Reberger served as a major league coach and roving pitching instructor for the California Angels in 1991–1992 and the Florida Marlins in 1993 and 1994. He has managed in the minors for many years, primarily in the San Francisco Giants farm system and also in the independent leagues.
Reberger became the pitching coach for the Uni-President 7-Eleven Lions in 2008.
- Lewiston Morning Tribune - Vandals defeat Weber for title - Associated Press - 1964-05-17 - p.12
- Lewiston Morning Tribune - Vandals get playoff berth - Associated Press - 1966-05-19 - p.10
- Spokesman-Review - Idaho nine in tough-but ready - 1966-05-26 - p.18
- Tri-City Herald - Arizonans next on Idaho list in bid for nationals - 1966-06-02 p.19
- Lewiston Morning Tribune - Arizona Wildcats defeat Vandals - 1966-06-05 - p.10
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Sports Illustrated
- Baseball Almanac