Spotnitz in 2015
November 17, 1960|
Camp Zama, Japan
|Alma mater||American Film Institute|
|Occupation||Executive producer, showrunner, writer|
Frank Spotnitz (born 17 November 1960) is an American television writer and executive producer. He is chief executive of Big Light Productions. He is the creator of the Amazon series The Man in the High Castle.
Frank Spotnitz was born on 17 November 1960 in Japan. He graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where he earned a bachelor's degree in English, and from the AFI Conservatory, where he earned a master of fine arts. Spotnitz has described himself as "half- Jewish".
Spotnitz worked for eight seasons of The X-Files original series.. He co-created and executive produced Ransom for CBS in the US, Corus' Global in Canada, TF1 in France and RTL in Germany; Medici: Masters of Florence, starring Richard Madden and Dustin Hoffman for RAI in Italy, SFR Play in France and Netflix in the UK, US and Canada; and the comedy-drama series The Indian Detective, starring Russell Peters, for Bell Media/CTV and Netflix. The second season of Ransom was broadcast, while the third season is in development. The second season of Medici is due to air in late 2018 and the third season is in production. Spotnitz created, executive produced, developed and wrote several episodes of the Amazon drama The Man in the High Castle, based on the Philip K. Dick novel. Launched in the UK, US, Germany and Austria in 2015, the show is now in its fourth season. Spotnitz's other credits include Crossing Lines Season 3 (Tandem/Studio Canal), starring Goran Visnjic and Donald Sutherland; Transporter Season 2 (TNT); Hunted, which he created for BBC1 and HBO Cinemax; Strike Back: Project Dawn; Night Stalker; Michael Mann's Robbery Homicide Division; The Lone Gunmen; Harsh Realm; and Millennium.
- Ransom (2017–)
- Medici: Masters of Florence (2016–)
- The Indian Detective (2017)
- The Man in the High Castle (2015–)
- Crossing Lines (2015)
- Transporter: The Series (2014)
- Hunted (2012)
- Strike Back (2011)
- Samurai Girl (2008)
- The X-Files: I Want to Believe (2008)
- A.M.P.E.D. (2007)
- Night Stalker (2005–2006)
- Robbery Homicide Division (2002–2003)
- The Lone Gunmen (2001)
- Inside the X-Files (1998)
- The X-Files (1996–2002)
- "About Big Light Productions". Retrieved 2016-03-06.
- "Frank Spotnitz Screenwriter and Producer". London Screenwriters' Festival 2017. Retrieved November 24, 2017.
- DEBNATH, NEELA (November 10, 2015). "The X-Files: Writer Frank Spotnitz reveals he feels 'bittersweet' about new series". Daily Express. Retrieved June 3, 2016.
- "The Man in the High Castle". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved January 18, 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (2015-02-20). "Elizabeth Mitchell & Goran Visnjic Join 'Crossing Lines' For Season 3". Deadline. Retrieved 2016-05-18.