|Organization||The Austin Group|
Frank Turek (born November 20, 1961) is an American Christian author, public speaker and radio host. He is the author of two books (Correct, Not Politically Correct and Stealing from God) and co-author of two more with Norman Geisler (I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist and Legislating Morality). He hosts a call-in talk show called CrossExamined on American Family Radio. His television show, I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist, airs on the NRB Network.
Frank Turek was born on November 20, 1961. Turek was a Naval Flight Officer in the U.S. Navy, and has a master's degree in Public Administration from George Washington University and a Doctor of Ministry in Apologetics from Southern Evangelical Seminary. He has also taught classes in Leadership and Management at George Washington University.
Frank Turek is a Protestant Christian and has delivered talks to numerous churches and universities. In 2004, he co-authored I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist with Norman Geisler. He is an advocate of intelligent design and a critic of evolution. He debated the existence of God with atheist Christopher Hitchens in 2008.
In the book I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist, Turek discusses how we demand truth from doctors, stock brokers, loved ones, etc., and yet we do not typically demand truth when it comes to morality or religion. He argues that truth is based in correspondence to an absolute reality, and is therefore not subjective. It therefore follows that religious truth is also objective, and that to state that there is no truth or that truth is subjective is self-refuting.
After arguing for the objectivity of truth, Turek then argues for the objectivity of knowledge. He asks those who argue that one cannot know anything for sure if they can know that for sure. If they can, then the statement is self-defeating. If they cannot, then it calls the legitimacy of that position into question. Turek concludes by saying that people cannot be skeptics about everything, because then they would have to doubt skepticism. However, the more they doubt skepticism, the more sure they become.
He argues that the existence of God implies the existence of miracles. He uses the illustration of a box as a metaphor for the universe. Turek argues that the universe is open and that God, being the creator of the universe, can reach into the universe and perform what one might call miracles.
He argues in Correct, Not Politically Correct that marriage lengthens lifespans of men and women, civilizes men, protects women, protects mothers, lowers welfare costs, and encourages a replacement birth rate, and he argues that same-sex marriage does none of these. Turek claims in several interviews that, in 2010, he was fired from Cisco for his views on homosexual marriage. A member of his class, despite giving the class excellent marks, called Cisco's human resources department to have Turek fired after reading about Turek's views over the Internet. Turek also states that he was later fired from Bank of America for the same reason.
Turek's co-authored book Legislating Morality: Is It Wise? Is It Legal? Is It Possible? was the winner of the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association's Gold Medallion Book Award Christianity and Society section in 1999.
- Stealing from God: Why Atheists Need God to Make Their Case (2014) ISBN 978-1-61291-701-6
- Correct, Not Politically Correct; How Same-Sex Marriage Hurts Everyone (2008) ISBN 978-1607081623
- I Don't Have Enough Faith to Be an Atheist (2004) ISBN 978-1581345612
- Legislating Morality: Is it Wise? Is it Legal? Is it Possible? (1998) ISBN 978-0764220944
- "Biography". Outreach Speakers. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Bio". Christian Apologetics Radio Shows. 16 May 2009. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "About the Author". Voice of Revolution. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Frank Turek Biography". Morning Star. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- Intelligent Design Frank Turek looks at Darwinian Evolution vs. Intelligent Design through the lens of astronomy, physics, biology, and reason.
- "Turek vs Hitchens Debate: Does God Exist?" (9 September 2008). Uploaded to Frank Turek's YouTube channel on 23 May 2011. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist. 2004. pp. 36–37.
- I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist. 2004. p. 43.
- I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist. 2004. p. 202.
- Correct, Not Politically Correct. ISBN 1607081628.
- Lopez, Kathryn (26 September 2011). "Frank Talk About Marriage: The New Anti-Defamation Project". National Review Online. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "Christian Consultant Fired by Bank of America Over Gay Marriage Book". Christianpost.com. 4 September 2011. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- "1999 Gold Medallion Book Awards Winners". Christian Book Expo. Retrieved 19 June 2017.