|Member of the Virginia Senate|
from the 7th district
January 9, 2001 – May 8, 2019
|Preceded by||Ed Schrock|
|Succeeded by||Jen Kiggans|
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates|
from the 21st district
January 8, 1992 – January 9, 2001
|Preceded by||Charles R. Hawkins|
|Succeeded by||John Welch|
|Born||July 18, 1955|
Ruislip, England, UK
|Alma mater||United States Naval Academy (BS)|
|Branch/service||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1973–1982|
Frank W. Wagner (born July 18, 1955) is an American politician. A Republican, he served in the Virginia House of Delegates 1992–2001, and was elected to the Senate of Virginia in a special election on December 19, 2000. He represented the 7th district in Virginia Beach and Norfolk from 2001 until 2019. He was a member of the Commerce and Labor, General Laws and Technology, Rehabilitation and Social Services, and Transportation committees.
Wagner was born at a United States Air Force base in England. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1977, with a B.S. degree in Ocean Engineering. He served in the United States Navy as a diving and salvage officer and an engineering duty officer, then went into the boat building and repair business. He is currently[update] the co-owner/vice president of Davis Boatworks.
His focus and expertise is on energy policy.
- Vozzella, Laura (2019-12-27). "Virginia Senate gains two political outsiders and friends". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2019-12-03.
- Senate of Virginia bio
- "Commonwealth of Virginia; December 19, 2000 - Special Election". Archived from the original on January 17, 2006. Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- "Frank Wagner for Senate » About Frank". Wagnervasenate.com. Archived from the original on 4 April 2019. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- Wilson, Patrick (August 29, 2016). "Sen. Frank Wagner from Virginia Beach announces run for GOP nomination for governor of Virginia". The Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Armour, Evanne (19 May 2017). "Meet the candidates: Republican Frank Wagner". WRIC. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "Senator Frank W. Wagner; Republican - District 7". Senate of Virginia. Archived from the original on 2012-12-03. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Past member search; Frank Wagner". Virginia House of Delegates.
- "Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections. Archived from the original on 2010-06-17.
- "Senator Frank Wagner (R-Virginia Beach)". Richmond Sunlight.
- "Frank W Wagner". Virginia Public Access Project.
- Follow the Money - Frank W Wagner
|This article about a Virginia State Senator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|