|Member of the Virginia Senate
from the 7th district
January 9, 2001
|Preceded by||Ed Schrock|
|Member of the Virginia House of Delegates
from the 21st district
January 8, 1992 – January 9, 2001
|Preceded by||Charles R. Hawkins|
|Succeeded by||John J. Welch|
July 18, 1955 |
Ruislip, England, UK
|Alma mater||United States Naval Academy (BS)|
|Service/branch||United States Navy|
|Years of service||1973–1982|
Frank W. Wagner (born July 18, 1955) is an American politician. A Republican, he served in the Virginia House of Delegates 1992–2001, and was elected to the Senate of Virginia in a special election on December 19, 2000. He currently represents[update] the 7th district in Virginia Beach and Norfolk. He is a member of the Commerce and Labor, General Laws and Technology, Rehabilitation and Social Services, and Transportation committees.
Wagner was born at a United States Air Force base in England. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1977, with a B.S. degree in Ocean Engineering. He served in the United States Navy 1973–82, then went into the boat building and repair business. He is currently[update] the co-owner/vice president of Davis Boatworks.
His focus and expertise is on energy policy.
- Senate of Virginia bio
- "Commonwealth of Virginia; December 19, 2000 - Special Election". Retrieved 2009-01-27.
- Wilson, Patrick (August 29, 2016). "Sen. Frank Wagner from Virginia Beach announces run for GOP nomination for governor of Virginia". The Virginian-Pilot. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "Senator Frank W. Wagner; Republican - District 7". Senate of Virginia. Retrieved 2012-10-25.
- "Past member search; Frank Wagner". Virginia House of Delegates.
- "Election Results". Virginia State Board of Elections.
- "Senator Frank Wagner (R-Virginia Beach)". Richmond Sunlight.
- "Frank W Wagner". Virginia Public Access Project.
- Project Vote Smart - Senator Frank Wagner (VA) profile
- Follow the Money - Frank W Wagner
- Washington Post - Senate District 7 Race
|This article about a Virginia State Senator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|