Frank White (bishop)
|The Right Reverend
|Assistant Bishop of Newcastle|
|Diocese||Diocese of Newcastle|
(as Bishop of Berwick)
|Other posts||Bishop of Brixworth (2002–2010)
Acting Bishop of Newcastle (2014–2015)
|Born||26 May 1949|
|Profession||formerly social worker|
|Alma mater||University of Wales|
White was ordained in 1980 and was a curate at St Nicholas' Church, Durham and then hospital chaplain at the University Hospital of North Durham, vicar of Birtley, Rural Dean of Chester-le-Street and Archdeacon of Sunderland.
He has strong views on why fewer and fewer Anglicans regularly attend church.
White was ordinated to the episcopate in 2002 as the Bishop of Brixworth in the Diocese of Peterborough. For much of 2008 and 2009 he deputised for Ian Cundy, Bishop of Peterborough, before Cundy's death from cancer.
- The Reverend Frank White (1980–1997)
- The Venerable Frank White (1997–2002)
- The Right Reverend Frank White (2002–present)
- Diocese of Peterborough — Bishop Frank
- "New Assistant Bishop of Newcastle announced". Diocese of Newcastle. 5 May 2010. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Crockford's Online – accessed Sunday 2 June 2008
- White, Rt Rev. Francis, (Frank). ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2014 (November 2014 online ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. Retrieved 19 May 2015.
- Parish web site
- BBC report
- "New female Bishop of Hull is welcomed into fold". ITV News. 3 July 2015. Retrieved 3 July 2015.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Brixworth
|Assistant Bishop of Newcastle
as Bishop of Berwick
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|