Frankfort Dow Memorial Field
|Frankfort Dow Memorial Field|
|Owner||Frankfort City-County Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||633 ft / 193 m|
Frankfort Dow Memorial Field (ICAO: KFKS, FAA LID: FKS, formerly 3D4) is a public use airport located two nautical miles (3.7 km) southeast of the central business district of Frankfort, a city in Benzie County, Michigan, United States. It is owned by the Frankfort City-County Airport Authority. It is included in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021, in which it is categorized as a general aviation facility.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned FKS by the FAA and no designation from the IATA (which assigned FKS to Fukushima Airport in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan).
Facilities and aircraft
Frankfort Dow Memorial Field covers an area of 168 acres (68 ha) at an elevation of 633 feet (193 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 15/33 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,050 by 75 feet (1,234 x 23 m). The airport is staffed from 8AM until 5PM.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2007, the airport had 4,000 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 10 per day. At that time there were 23 aircraft based at this airport: 65.2% single-engine, 4.3% multi-engine, 26.1% glider and 4.3% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for FKS ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Frankfort, Michigan - Frankfort Dow Memorial Field (ICAO: KFKS, FAA: FKS)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- "Fukushima, Honshu, Japan (IATA: FKS, ICAO: RJSF)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 24 May 2010.
- Frankfort Dow Memorial Field
- "Frankfort, Dow Memorial (3D4)" (PDF). (50.8 KB) at Michigan DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of 27 April 1998 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for FKS, effective March 2, 2017
- Resources for this airport: