Frankfurt Germany Temple
|Frankfurt Germany Temple|
|Closed for Renovation|
|Dedication||28 August 1987
Ezra Taft Benson
|Site||5.2 acres (2.1 hectares)|
|Floor area||24,170 sq ft (2,245 m2)|
|Height||82 ft (25 m)|
|Preceded by||Denver Colorado Temple|
|Followed by||Portland Oregon Temple|
|Official website • News & images|
The Frankfurt Germany Temple is the 43rd constructed and 41st operating temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church). Located in the city of Friedrichsdorf, Germany, it was built with the same general architecture as the six-spire design used in the Boise, Chicago, and Dallas temples, but it was only given a single-spire. 
The Frankfurt Germany Temple was announced on April 1, 1981, and originally dedicated on August 28, 1987 by Ezra Taft Benson. The temple was built on a 5-acre (20,000 m2) plot, has 4 ordinance rooms and 5 sealing rooms, and has a total floor area of 24,170 square feet (2,245 m2). A previous temple was dedicated in Freiberg, Germany in June 1985, while it was part of the then-German Democratic Republic.
After the reunification of Germany on October 3, 1990, Germany became the second country outside of the United States to have more than one temple, with temples in Frankfurt and Freiberg. The first foreign country with more than one temple had been Canada where, less than six weeks earlier on August 25, 1990, the dedication of the Toronto Ontario Temple had taken place, joining the Cardston Alberta Temple, which was first dedicated in August 1923. A program of increased temple construction, begun by church president Gordon B. Hinckley in 1998, has since increased the number of temples outside the United States and a number of countries now have more than one temple.
Beginning September 7, 2015, the temple closed for renovations that are anticipated to be completed in July 2017.
- Comparison of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- List of temples of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by geographic region
- Temple architecture (Latter-day Saints)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Germany
- "Frankfurt Germany Temple". ldschurchtemples.com. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "Frankfurt Germany Temple". Church News. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "Frankfurt Germany Mormon Temple". mormontemples.com. Retrieved 23 February 2014.
- "Frankfurt Germany Temple to Close for Renovation", Newsroom, LDS Church, 2015-08-20
- Media related to Frankfurt Germany Temple at Wikimedia Commons
- Official Frankfurt Germany Temple page
- Frankfurt Germany Temple page
- Frankfurt Germany Temple page with interior photos