Messe Frankfurt GmbH (literally "Frankfurt Trade Fair") is one of the world's largest trade fair companies with 537,000,000 Euros in sales and over 1,800 active employees. The group has a global network of 28 subsidiaries, five branch offices, and 52 international sales partners. Thus, Messe Frankfurt is present in over 150 countries to their customers. At more than 30 locations in the world events "made by Messe Frankfurt" take place. In 2012, Messe Frankfurt organised a total of 109 trade fairs, of which more than half took place outside Germany.
The company is in the public sector, the shareholders are the City of Frankfurt, with 60 percent and the State of Hesse with 40 percent. The Board of Management of Messe Frankfurt consists of Wolfgang Marzin, Detlef Braun, and Uwe Behm.
Frankfurt Trade Fair
Location and size
Messe Frankfurt is the owner and operator of the Frankfurt Trade Fair grounds in Frankfurt, Hesse, Germany. The exhibition grounds are located in the Bockenheim and Westend-Süd districts, close to the city centre. At 578,000 square metres and with ten exhibition halls, a central logistics centre and an attached convention centre, it is one of the world's largest trade fairs.
Exhibitions & Trade Fairs
Important fairs include:
- Frankfurt Book Fair, the world's largest book show
- Frankfurt Motor Show, the world's largest auto show
- Musikmesse, the world's largest music show
- jobmesse frankfurt, a large jobfair for all generations and qualifications, belonging to one of the biggest jobfairs in germany
- Automotive Engineering Show, an exclusive international exhibition on Technologies for Automotive Manufacturing
- Automechanika, a leading international show for the automotive industry
- ACHEMA, an international exhibition congress on chemical engineering, environmental protection and biotechnology
- International Supercomputing Conference
- Texcare International
- Material Vision
- HEIMTEXTIL 2014 January 2014
The oldest building on the trade fair grounds is the Festhalle Frankfurt, a self-supporting dome structure made of steel and glass that was first opened to visitors on May 19, 1909. During the 1980s most of the present-day halls were built. The newest buildings is hall 11, which was opened in 2009.
The Frankfurt Trade Fair grounds are located near the Bundesautobahn 5 and the Bundesautobahn 648. By public transport it can be reached easily via two train stations: With the S-Bahn lines S3, S4, S5, S6 (θ), with the U-Bahn line U4 and the tram lines 16 and 17 (Festhalle/Messe station).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Messe Frankfurt.|
- Frankfurt Trade Fair
- International Sales Partner in Poland
- Messe Frankfurt - Events 2012
- European Top Trade Shows