|• Total||2.106 sq mi (5.454 km2)|
|• Land||2.106 sq mi (5.454 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
|• Density||79/sq mi (31/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-8 (Pacific (PST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-7 (PDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2583017|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Franklin, Sacramento County, California|
Franklin is a census-designated place in Sacramento County, California, United States. Franklin sits at an elevation of 13 feet (4.0 m). The 2020 United States census reported Franklin's population at 167.
Several businesses operate in the town, including King's Skate Country and Hay Tone's Hangout.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP covers an area of 2.1 square miles (5.4 km2), all of it land.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Franklin had a population of 155. The population density was 73.6 per square mile (28.4/km2). The racial make-up of Franklin was 119 (76.8%) White, 0 (0.0%) African American, 0 (0.0%) Native American, 5 (3.2%) Asian, 0 (0.0%) Pacific Islander, 20 (12.9%) from other races, and 11 (7.1%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 42 persons (27.1%).
The census reported that 155 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 62 households, of which 18 (29.0%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 27 (43.5%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 5 (8.1%) had a female householder with no husband present, 3 (4.8%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 6 (9.7%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 0 (0%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 21 households (33.9%) were made up of individuals, and 8 (12.9%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.50. There were 35 families (56.5% of all households); the average family size was 3.34.
30 people (19.4%) were under the age of 18, 17 people (11.0%) aged 18 to 24, 36 people (23.2%) aged 25 to 44, 51 people (32.9%) aged 45 to 64, and 21 people (13.5%)were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 42.8 years. For every 100 females, there were 86.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.4 males.
There were 69 housing units at an average density of 32.8 per square mile (12.7/km2), of which 44 (71.0%) were owner-occupied, and 18 (29.0%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 0%; the rental vacancy rate was 18.2%. 115 people (74.2% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 40 people (25.8%) lived in rental housing units.
There is a cemetery just to the east of Franklin Elementary School, which is the final resting place of many settlers of not only Sacramento County, but from all over California. Its most famous grave is that of Alexander Hamilton Willard, who was a member of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. The grave site is California Historical Landmark #657.
- Franklin Elementary School (part of the Elk Grove Unified School District)
- Birthplace of Frances Munds, granddaughter of Alexander Hamilton Willard; an American suffragette leader
- U.S. Census Archived July 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Franklin, Sacramento County, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 487. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Franklin CDP (Sacramento County), California". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 27, 2021.
- "2010 Census Interactive Population Search: CA - Franklin CDP". U.S. Census Bureau. Archived from the original on July 15, 2014. Retrieved July 12, 2014.