Franklin 12 series
(Redirected from Franklin 12AC-806)
|Type||12-cyl. horizontally opposed air-cooled piston engines|
|National origin||United States|
|Manufacturer||Franklin Engine Company|
The Franklin 12 series of 12-cylinder air-cooled flat aircraft engines produced in the 1940s and 1950s, (US military designation O-805 was applied to the 12AC-806, 12ACG-806 and 12ACGSA-806).
- 300 hp (224 kW) @ 2,600 rpm.
- 350 hp (261 kW) @ 3,500 rpm.
- 450 hp (336 kW)0
- 456 hp (340 kW) @ 3,200 rpm, geared to 0.632:1, (XO-805-1).
- 500 hp (373 kW) @ 3,200 rpm, supercharged and geared to 0.632:1 (XO-805-3), or to 0.587:1 (O-805-5).
- Military designation of the 12AC-806, 12ACG-806 and 12ACGSA-806.
- Related development
- Franklin 2 series
- Franklin 4 series
- Franklin 6 series
- Franklin 8 series
- Franklin O-335
- Franklin O-805
- Related lists
- Gunston, Bill. (1986) World Encyclopedia of Aero Engines. Patrick Stephens: Wellingborough. p. 57
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Franklin 12 series.|