Franklin County High School (Rocky Mount, Virginia)
|Franklin County High School|
|700 Tanyard Rd.
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
|Type||Public high school|
|Motto||Vires per scientiam (Strength through knowledge)|
|School district||Franklin County Public Schools|
|Principal||Jon D. Crutchfield|
|Faculty||160 (on FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 - 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.3|
|Color(s)||Red & White|
Salem High School
Franklin County High School is located in Rocky Mount, Virginia. Approximately 2300 students attend Franklin County High School, which was founded in 1950. Since its founding, Franklin County High School, commonly known as FCHS, has grown to the largest school in the state west of Richmond.
The school covers twenty five acres and participates in 21 Varsity level sports. The current principal of FCHS, Mr. Jon Crutchfield, succeeded Mrs. Debora Decker in July 2016. The associate principal is Dr. Kevin Bezy.
The campus of Franklin County High School contains eight classroom buildings, three gymnasiums, two cafeterias and an alternative education building. It also includes a 400 m track, and a 6,000-seat football stadium. The swim team practices at the local YMCA.
The senior class of 2013 received $3.9 million in scholarships, including a Naval Academy appointment worth $450,000 and scholarships from "Ferrum College (over $1 million), Emory and Henry ($350,000) and Roanoke College ($300,000)"  among other colleges.
- Todd Bodine, NASCAR veteran.
- Virgil Goode, former U.S. Congressman.
- Josh Grisetti, Broadway, television and film actor. (attended but did not graduate)
- Ron Hodges, former Major League Baseball player
- Dwaine Board, former National League Football player, Defensive Line Coach for the Cleveland Browns.
- Franklin County High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2007.
- School site
- BODINE: Trying to One Up Career Best 2nd at Martinsville. TruckSeries.com. Retrieved on 2008-04-19.
- Virgil Goode details accessed 19 November 2007
- roanoke.com, Roanoke Times article.