Franklin Day Jones (1879–1967) was an author in mechanical engineering and toolmaking. He wrote the first edition of Machinery's Handbook (1914, Industrial Press) with engineer Erik Oberg.
- Machinery's Handbook (1914, 1 ed., Industrial Press, with Erik Oberg)
- Planing and Milling (1914, Industrial Press)
- Machinery's Encyclopedia (1917, with Erik Oberg)
- Shop management and systems (1918, Industrial Press)
- Turning and Boing (1919, 1 ed., Industrial Press)
- Ingenious Mechanisms for Designers and Inventors (1930)
- Machine Shop Training Course, (1964, 5th ed., Industrial Press)