|Known for||Painting, drawing, writing|
Franklin Einspruch was born in Dallas, Texas. Einspruch completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts at the Rhode Island School of Design, and a Master of Fine Arts at the University of Miami, where he studied with Walter Darby Bannard. Einspruch is a member of the United States chapter of the International Association of Art Critics.
Franklin Einspruch has been an artist in residence at the Sam & Adele Golden Foundation for the Arts,  the Heliker-LaHotan Foundation, the Morris Graves Foundation, and the Aegean Center for the Fine Arts. The critic Don Wilkinson has described his work as "handsome expressionist painting, grounded in reality, yet veering toward the abstract."
Einspruch is the author of hundreds of essays on art and culture, and his writing has appeared in many notable publications including The New Criterion, The New York Sun, The Miami New Times, The Federalist, Art Critical, City Journal, The Arts Fuse, and Art in America.
Einspruch's blog, Artblog.net, began in 2003 and is one of the longest-running blogs about visual art.  He edits the Walter Darby Bannard Archive and edited a compilation of Bannard's art advice, Aphorisms for Artists.
Einspruch has been involved in comics poetry since the form emerged in the mid-2000s, when he began posting comics poems online at The Moon Fell On Me.  He edited and published the first anthology of comics poetry, Comics as Poetry, in 2012.  In 2018 he was chosen to be the Fulbright/Q21-MuseumsQuartier Artist-in-Residence for the 2018-19 award year. His project as a Fulbright scholar was a cycle of comics poems about Vienna, titled (and published at) Regarding Th.at. Einspruch published a work of Comics Poetry in 2018 titled Cloud on a Mountain. 
- "Bios and Acknowledgements". Ying Li: No Middle Way.
- "Franklin Einspruch, Author at The Federalist". The Federalist.
- "Franklin Einspruch, Author at artcritical". artcritical.
- "Latest news and articles about Franklin Einspruch (American, 1968)". mutualart.com.
- "Ohio Northern University presents artist Franklin Einspruch". The Ada Icon.
- "2016 Artists, The Sam & Adele Golden Foundation for the Arts".
- "List of Artists, Heliker-LaHotan Foundation".
- "The Aegean Center for the Fine Arts". American Arts Quarterly. 1998.
- Wilkinson, Don. "Art Beat". South Coast Today.
- "Franklin Einspruch". newcriterion.com.
- Franklin Einspruch, "Stone from Delphi, Water from Rome," New York Sun, November 1, 2013
- "Franklin Einspruch". Miami New Times.
- "When Artists Fear their Audience". City Journal.
- "Franklin Einspruch " The Arts Fuse". artsfuse.org.
- "Search Results For "Franklin Einspruch" – Art in America". artinamericamagazine.com.
- "Artblog.net - About".
- "Walter Darby Bannard Archive". wdbannard.org.
- "Aphorisms for Artists". aphorismsforartists.com.
- "The Moon Fell On Me".
- "Comics as Poetry".
- "Franklin Einspruch - MuseumsQuartier Wien".
- "Fulbright - Q21 Artist-in-Residence".
- "Regarding Th.at".
- "Cloud on a Mountain".
- MacLaughlin, Nina (January 10, 2019). "A comics poem collection". The Boston Globe.