Franklin Farm, Virginia
Franklin Farm, Virginia
|• Total||4.78 sq mi (12.38 km2)|
|• Land||4.75 sq mi (12.31 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.07 km2)|
|Elevation||374 ft (114 m)|
|• Density||4,059/sq mi (1,567.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2584848|
Franklin Farm refers to both a census-designated place (CDP) and a planned community located within the Oak Hill section of Fairfax County, Virginia, United States. It is a suburb of Washington, D.C., located about 20 miles west of the White House.
The Franklin Farm CDP, which was named for the older planned community contained within, had a population of 19,288 as of the 2010 census. The population was divided among 6,197 housing units, which were spread across 4.78 square miles (3,059 acres) of land.
The planned community of Franklin Farm is located within the CDP. Covering slightly less than 30 percent of the CDP, the planned community occupies 1.32 square miles (850 acres) and contains 1,777 housing units. It was established in 1980 and features 13 miles of trails, 6 fishing ponds, 6 tennis courts, 2 swimming pools, 14 tot lots, 3 multipurpose courts, 1 sand volleyball court, and 180 acres of open space. The Fairfax County Parkway bisects the community. The Franklin Farm Foundation is the homeowner association with jurisdiction over the planned community.
As an unincorporated area, Franklin Farm's CDP boundaries are not officially defined by either a municipal government or by the government of Fairfax County, though the Franklin Farm Foundation does have specific boundaries.
The namesake farm was purchased by airline pilot James Franklin in 1936, from a $10,000 sweepstakes winning. The farm expanded from 100 to 827 acres by 1979, before it was sold for development. The Franklin Farm community eventually included 1,777 homes in 27 neighborhoods. 
- "Franklin Farm Census Designated Place". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Franklin Farm CDP, Virginia". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved October 5, 2016.[dead link]
- Virginia Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-06-08.
- "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Franklin Farm CDP, VA". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on September 16, 2016.
-  Franklin Farm web site
- Franklin Farm began with a lucky lotto ticket, Washington Post, May 26, 2017, Retrieved June 26, 2021
- Franklin Farm Foundation – homeowner association
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Franklin Farm, Virginia.|