Franklin Park, Illinois
|Franklin Park, Illinois|
The Franklin Park B-12 Tower
Location in Cook County and the state of Illinois.
Location of Illinois in the United States
|• President||Barrett F. Pedersen|
|• Total||4.77 sq mi (12.4 km2)|
|• Land||4.77 sq mi (12.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.0 km2) 0%|
|• Density||3,843.4/sq mi (1,483.9/km2)|
|Down 5.67%% from 2000|
|Standard of living (2007-11)|
|• Per capita income||$20,925|
|• Median home value||$228,300|
|ZIP code(s)||60131, 60132|
|Area code(s)||847 & 224|
Franklin Park is located at (41.933780, -87.873462).
According to the 2010 census, Franklin Park has a total area of 4.77 square miles (12.35 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 18,333 people, 6,178 households, and 4,486 families residing in the village. The population density was 3,843.4 people per square mile (1,483.9/km²). There were 6,569 housing units at an average density of 1,377.1 per square mile (529.8/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 74.7% White, 1.3% African American, 0.4% Native American, 3.1% Asian, 0.02% Pacific Islander, 18.0% some other race, and 2.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 43.1% of the population.
There were 6,178 households, out of which 38.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 53.3% were headed by married couples living together, 12.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 27.4% were non-families. 22.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 9.3% were someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.96, and the average family size was 3.51.
In the village the population was spread out with 24.7% under the age of 18, 10.2% from 18 to 24, 28.7% from 25 to 44, 25.4% from 45 to 64, and 11.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 35.6 years. For every 100 females there were 100.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 99.1 males.
For the period 2007-11, the estimated median annual income for a household in the village was $55,500, and the median income for a family was $62,232. Male full-time workers had a median income of $44,502 versus $31,186 for females. The per capita income for the village was $20,925. About 11.2% of families and 12.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 18.9% of those under age 18 and 7.2% of those age 65 or over.
Franklin Park has three Metra stations: Belmont Avenue on Metra's North Central Service, which provides daily rail service between Antioch, Illinois and Chicago, Illinois (at Union Station); Franklin Park and Mannheim on the Milwaukee District/West Line which connects Chicago to Elgin, Illinois.
- High schools
- Middle schools
- Hester Jr. High School
- Elementary schools
- Passow Elementary School
- Pietrini Elementary School
- North Elementary School
- East Early Childhood Center
- Leo Bartoline, Illinois legislator and lawyer.
- Ned Colletti, baseball executive. Former GM of Los Angeles Dodgers, winningest NL General Manager during his 9-year term from 2006-2014.
- Glen Grunwald, only four-time high school All-State basketball player in Illinois history. Former GM of Toronto Raptors and New York Knicks.
- Mike Shanahan, coach for the Los Angeles Raiders, Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos, and Washington Redskins.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Franklin Park village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "G001 - Geographic Identifiers - 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2015-08-03.
- "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015". Retrieved July 2, 2016.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "Selected Economic Characteristics: 2007-2011 American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates (DP03): Franklin Park village, Illinois". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- "Best Thin Crust Pizza in Chicago". Fox News Chicago. 2005. Retrieved 2009-07-30.
- Franklin Park travel guide from Wikivoyage
- Village of Franklin Park official website
- Franklin Park Public Library
||O'Hare, Chicago||Schiller Park, Illinois||O'Hare, Chicago|
|Bensenville, Illinois||River Grove, Illinois|
|Northlake, Illinois||Unincorporated Cook County||Melrose Park, Illinois|