Franklin Township, Clermont County, Ohio
|Franklin Township, Clermont County, Ohio|
State Route 133 at Mount Olive, north of Felicity
Location of Franklin Township in Clermont County
|• Total||40.2 sq mi (104.0 km2)|
|• Land||39.3 sq mi (101.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.8 sq mi (2.1 km2)|
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|• Density||106/sq mi (41.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085862|
Franklin Township is one of the fourteen townships of Clermont County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census reported 4,188 people living in the township, 3,307 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the southeastern corner of the county along the Ohio River, it borders the following townships:
Bracken County, Kentucky lies across the Ohio River to the south.
Two incorporated villages are located in Franklin Township: Chilo in the southwest along the Ohio River, and Felicity in the center. As well, the unincorporated community of Utopia lies in the township's south.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Franklin township, Clermont County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 16, 2015.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Franklin Township.|