Franklin Township, Floyd County, Indiana
Location of Franklin Township in Floyd County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||23.53 sq mi (60.9 km2)|
|• Land||23.4 sq mi (61 km2)|
|• Water||0.13 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation||538 ft (164 m)|
|• Density||64.1/sq mi (24.7/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453301|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 23.53 square miles (60.9 km2), of which 23.4 square miles (61 km2) (or 99.45%) is land and 0.13 square miles (0.34 km2) (or 0.55%) is water. Arrowhead Lake is in this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- New Albany Township (northeast)
- Posey Township, Harrison County (southwest)
- Franklin Township, Harrison County (west)
- Georgetown Township (northwest)
The township contains four cemeteries: Bailey, Hopewell, Wheeler and Wolfe.
- "Franklin Township, Floyd County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
|This Floyd County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Louisville metro area-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|