Franklin Township, Grant County, Indiana
Location of Franklin Township in Grant County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.07 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.06 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.03%|
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|• Density||200/sq mi (80/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453302|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.07 square miles (93.4 km2), of which 36.06 square miles (93.4 km2) (or 99.97%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.03%) is water. Lakes in this township include Crane Pond. The stream of Bell Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Pleasant Township (north)
- Center Township (east)
- Mill Township (east)
- Liberty Township (south)
- Green Township (southwest)
- Sims Township (west)
- Richland Township (northwest)
The township contains two cemeteries: Grant Memorial Park and Rowland.
Airports and landing strips
- Marion Municipal Airport
- "Franklin Township, Grant County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Grant County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|