Franklin Township, Harrison County, Indiana
Location in Harrison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||34.91 sq mi (90.4 km2)|
|• Land||34.89 sq mi (90.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.06%|
|Elevation||830 ft (253 m)|
|• Density||117.6/sq mi (45.4/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453303|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 34.91 square miles (90.4 km2), of which 34.89 square miles (90.4 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.06%) is water. The streams of Lazy Creek, Little Indian Creek, Smith Creek and Woertz Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Georgetown Township, Floyd County (northeast)
- Franklin Township, Floyd County (east)
- Posey Township (southeast)
- Webster Township (southwest)
- Harrison Township (west)
- Jackson Township (northwest)
The township contains one cemetery, Lanesville.
Airports and landing strips
- Greenridge KLA Airport
- Lanesville Skyways Airport
- "Franklin Township, Harrison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Harrison County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|