Franklin Township, Hendricks County, Indiana
The McCormack-Bowman House, a historic site in the township's northeastern corner
Location in Hendricks County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||26.48 sq mi (68.57 km2)|
|• Land||26.43 sq mi (68.47 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.11 km2) 0.16%|
|Elevation||787 ft (240 m)|
|• Density||49.1/sq mi (18.9/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453304|
Franklin Township covers an area of 26.48 square miles (68.6 km2); of this, 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) or 0.16 percent is water. The streams of Crittenden Creek and East Fork Mill Creek run through this township.
Cities and towns
- Clay Township (north)
- Liberty Township (east)
- Monroe Township, Morgan County (east)
- Adams Township, Morgan County (south)
- Jefferson Township, Putnam County (southwest)
- Marion Township, Putnam County (west)
The township contains five cemeteries: Hebron Presbyterian, Pleasant Hill, Snoddy Family, Stilesville and Walnut Grove.
Airports and landing strips
- Vaughn Airport
- "Franklin Township, Hendricks County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.