Franklin Township, Montgomery County, Indiana
Location in Montgomery County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||38.93 sq mi (100.8 km2)|
|• Land||38.93 sq mi (100.8 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||843 ft (257 m)|
|• Density||49.2/sq mi (19.0/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46071, 47933, 47940|
|GNIS feature ID||0453309|
Franklin Township was established in 1831.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 38.93 square miles (100.8 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Greenlawn Cemetery.
- North Montgomery Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 4th congressional district
- State House District 28
- State Senate District 23
- "Franklin Township, Montgomery County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Beckwith, Hiram Williams; Kennedy, P. S. (1881). History of Montgomery County, Together with Historic Notes on the Wabash Valley. H. H. Hill and N. Iddings. p. 521.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Franklin Township
||Madison Township||Sugar Creek Township||Sugar Creek Township, Boone County|
|Union Township||Jefferson Township, Boone County|