Franklin Township, Owen County, Indiana
Silo on a hill from U.S. 231 in Franklin Township
Location in Owen County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||35.09 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Land||35.09 sq mi (90.9 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||633 ft (193 m)|
|• Density||36.2/sq mi (14.0/km2)|
47431, 47460, 47471
|GNIS feature ID||453310|
Franklin Township was founded in 1819.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.09 square miles (90.9 km2), all land.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these eighteen cemeteries: Adel, Burkett, Burton, Camden, Defore, Franklin, Hicks, Leach, Light, McIndoo, McKee, Neeley, Oliphant, Pryor, Scott, Waker, White and White.
- Spencer-Owen Community Schools
- State House District 46
- State Senate District 39
- "Franklin Township, Owen County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-23.
- United States Census Bureau 2009 TIGER/Line Shapefiles at the Library of Congress Web Archives (archived 2010-05-05)
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Blanchard, Charles (1884). Counties of Clay and Owen, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. F.A. Battey & Company. p. 751.